Canola Oil - French Fries
- 5 large potatoes
- 8 cups La Tourangelle Organic Canola Oil
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Cut potatoes into uniform length and thickness for even cooking. Preheat canola oil to a frying temperature of 375 °F (190 °C). To cook French fries properly, it is important to maintain this frying temperature. You may wish to increase the temperature slightly before adding potatoes as oil temperature will drop when food is added.
- Fry for 4 to 6 minutes to blanch. Remove French fries from canola oil with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- Just before serving, fry a second time for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove French fries from canola oil with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels and season to taste. Serve with dipping sauce.