- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2/3 cup La Tourangelle Walnut Oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 9 ounces package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Splash of whiskey (or more vanilla)
- 2 cups of pitted cherries or other small stone fruit (apricots, plums, etc.)
For the crust
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8-inch tart pan with Walnut Oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pulse almonds, oats and sea salt in a food processor until a coarse powder forms. Add Walnut Oil and maple syrup and continue to process until doughy.
- Press the dough into the tart pan with your fingers until the whole base is evenly covered and the dough comes up the sides to form a crust.
- Bake the tart for about 12-15 minutes until firm and just slightly starting to toast. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- While the crust cools, put the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and whiskey into the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix until smooth. Keep cool in the refrigerator until ready to assemble tart.
- Pit the cherries. Slice them prettily and be sure to use the sweet, ripe variety.
- Spread the cream filling into the crust and arrange cherries on top.