Chicken Thighs with Wild Mushroom and Sage Cream Sauce
Cooking with Cocktail Rings for the Feedfeed
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- ¼ cup La Tourangelle Delicate Avocado Oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms such as oyster, maitake, or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sage leaves
Season chicken thighs all over.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the La Tourangelle Delicate Avocado Oil and heat through. Add the chicken thighs to the pan skin-side down and cook, untouched, until the fat renders and the skin is golden-brown, about 6 minutes. When adequately browned, the skin should easily lift off the pan. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown all over, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper then remove to a bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the wine, simmering until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the cream, then return the chicken to the pan, cooking until completely cooked through, about an additional 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan, add the remaining avocado oil and heat through. Add the sage leaves and fry until just crisp and fragrant, turning once, about 30seconds. Sprinkle over the top the chicken and mushroom cream sauce.