Chinese Almond Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Almond Oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, divided
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whole, natural almonds
- Line baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, almond oil, and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in all but 1 Tbsp of the beaten egg. Set the saved portion aside. Add the almond extract to the butter mixture. Mix to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix to combine.
Scoop the cookie dough and round into balls (about 11/2 Tbsp each). Place on prepared baking sheets, 2-inches apart. Flatten to 1/2-inch thick with the bottom of a drinking glass.
Gently press a single almond halfway into the center of each cookie dough ball. Add 1/2 tsp water to the saved beaten egg and whisk together. Brush the tops of the cookies with the egg mixture.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.