Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup La Tourangelle Coconut Oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chunks
1/3 cup toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Using an electric mixer or a large whisk, blend the Coconut Oil with the brown sugar and granulated white sugar until creamy and well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture into the oil mixture and mix together using a spatula until well combined and no flour lumps remain. Add in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks and mix until well combined.
- Using a 1.5 inch ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of dough and form into 1.5 inch sized balls. Place the balls onto the sheet pan lined with parchment paper and space the balls two inches apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes until the surface is lightly browned. Do not overbake the cookies as they will become hard and dense once they are cooled.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 30 minutes before digging in.