Avoid harsh chemicals with this smooth, all-natural mascara recipe. Coconut Oil, aloe vera gel and beeswax provide the base for an easy cosmetic application while activated charcoal gives your eyes a dramatic accent. Add some DIY flair to your everyday makeup routine.
2 tsp La Tourangelle Coconut Oil
- 4 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets, grated
- 3 capsules activated charcoal for black color (or 3 tsp cocoa powder for brown color)
- clean mascara wand
- mascara container
- small sauce pan
- plastic bag
- Put the Coconut Oil, aloe vera gel and grated beeswax in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir slowly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and set on a safe surface. Add the 3 capsules of activated charcoal (or 3 tsp of cocoa powder) and pour that into the mixture.
- Set up paper towels on a flat surface and place the plastic bag with the clean mascara tube there. Bring the small sauce pan next to you.
- Open up the small plastic bag and pour in the mixture. Once done, make sure the plastic bag is sealed and push the mixture down to one corner. Then cut a very small hole in the opposite side of the bag.
- Find the open tip to push in the mixture slowly into the empty mascara tube. Keep moving the mixture into the tube until full.
- Place the inner cap in the tube and twist the wand on tightly to seal.
- Keep the container out of direct sunlight and use mascara for up to four months.