Crispy Chicken Milanese with Lemony Arugula
For a tasty, simple meal that’s sure to please kiddos and parents alike, look no further than our gluten free, clean ingredient take on Crispy Chicken Milanese. Served next to a heaping salad of spicy arugula, tangy lemon vinaigrette, crunchy pine nuts and salty Parmesan, this dish is destined for weeknight dinner greatness!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 oz arugula
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted until golden brown
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to serve
- Salt and pepper
For the Chicken
For the Arugula
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
To prepare the chicken breasts
- Slice each breast lengthwise so as to butterfly the chicken breast, but cut all the way through so you have 2 thin halves. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the breasts even thinner, so they are about ¼" thick.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. In a separate shallow dish, combine the almond meal and seasonings. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and then dip then in the egg mixture, followed by the almond meal. Repeat with remaining chicken until all pieces are breaded.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil over medium high heat. When hot, place 1 - 2 pieces of chicken into the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy. Place the cooked pieces in the oven until the rest of the chicken is done to keep everything warm.
For the salad:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss in the greens toasted pine nuts to dress.
- Serve the crispy Chicken Milanese next to a heaping pile of the arugula salad topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and enjoy!