Flaxseed Oil Morning Boost Oatmeal Cookies
12 - 16
½ cup La Tourangelle Organic Flaxseed Oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup dried raisins or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Using an electric mixer or a large whisk, blend the Flaxseed Oil with the brown sugar and granulated white sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture into the oil mixture using a large wooden spoon or spatula until well combined and no flour lumps remain. Add in the oats, flax seeds and dried cranberries and mix until well combined.
- Using a 1.5 inch ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of dough and form into 1.5 inch sized balls. Place the balls onto the sheet pan lined with parchment paper and space the balls two inches apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes until the surface is lightly browned. Do not over-bake the cookies as they will become hard and dense once they are cooled.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 30 minutes before digging in.