Garlicky Grilled Potato Packets with Manchego Cheese
Nothing says summertime like this herby, garlicky side served straight off the grill! These handy little potato packets are a cinch to make and even easier to clean up. Use whatever soft herbs you have on hand to give them added flavor and summery freshness.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Garlic Oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into ½” thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A small handful of chopped fresh herbs - we used parsley, chives, basil and dill
- Shaved Manchego cheese
- In a large bowl, toss together the red potatoes, garlic oil, red onion, Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper and herbs until everything is evenly coated.
- Double up 2 sheets of aluminum foil and place half of the potato mixture in the middle. Fold up the sides of the foil and then crimp them down to make a long packet. Roll up the ends tightly so that the packet is fully sealed. Repeat with the other half of the potatoes.
- Place the packets on a medium heat grill and lower the cover. Grill for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with the shaved manchego (and an extra drizzle of garlic or olive oil if you like!) to serve.