Garlicky Spaghetti with Clams
- Kosher Salt
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1.5 pounds littleneck clams (roughly 18), soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and scrubbed
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup golden cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Garlic Oil
In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti about Вѕ of the recommended cooking time, so it's slightly underdone (it will finish cooking in the clam sauce).
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low. Add chopped garlic and cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook gently for about 5 minutes until the garlic is soft and the tomatoes start to burst.
Add the white wine to the pan and let it simmer for an additional few minutes, or until it is reduced by half. Add the clams to the mixture and toss to combine. Cover the pan and cook until the clams pop open (about 2-3 minutes). Remove the clams from the sauce and set aside in a bowl.
Using tongs, transfer the spaghetti into the pan of garlicky clam sauce. Add 2 large ladles of the pasta liquid and the butter to the mixture. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the clam sauce is velvety and the spaghetti is al dente.
- Toss the clams back into the pasta along with the lemon juice, zest, parsley, and garlic infused oil. Mix until well combined and garnish with red pepper flakes.