Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnut Oil
2 Dozen Cookies
Easter is here along with your sweet tooth, so we say indulge. Alleviate some of the guilt that comes with holiday treats with these crowd pleasing, gluten free chocolate chip cookies that use our Roasted Walnut Oil and still pack the rich buttery flavor we all love in America's favorite cookie.
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds or over stovetop. Pour into your main bowl.
- Incorporate regular flour, brown rice flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda into butter and stir until batter is smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, regular semi-sweet chocolate chips and continue stirring until dough is thick.
- Add walnut oil and stir well into batter. The dough will be slightly oily but it will help with the baking process.
- Fold mini chocolate chips into batter until evenly distributed throughout batter.
- Scoop tablespoon-size amounts of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space dough 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes or until edges are starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes- then enjoy!