Gluten Free One-Bowl Lemon Poppy Seed Cake With Dreamy Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 c (150 g) sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons (Meyer or regular)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup (115 g) sour cream, creme fraiche, or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (80 g) sweet white rice flour (or GF AP flour)
- 1/2 cup (70 g) millet flour (or sorghum flour)
- 1/2 cup (55 g) GF oat flour
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Citrus cream cheese frosting
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper on all sides.
- In a large bowl, rub the lemon zest into the sugar until damp.
- Whisk in eggs to combine, then oil, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Sift in the flours, leavening, and salt, whisk until smooth, then whisk in the poppy seeds.
- Pour into pan and bake on middle rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool, frost, and enjoy!