Herb Roasted Chicken with Vinaigrette
- 6 sprigs of fresh sage
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
5 Tbsp La Tourangelle Walnut Oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
For the chicken: 1 3-lb whole chicken, giblets removed
For the vinaigrette:
Make the vinaigrette-whisk together the Walnut Oil, mustard, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, then rub salt and pepper on the exterior of the chicken. Pour the vinaigrette onto the chicken, making sure to fully coat interior and exterior. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Move the marinated chicken to a roasting pan, and place fresh herbs and garlic into the hollow body cavity of the chicken. Pour remaining marinade on top of the chicken before placing it in the oven.