Honey Roasted Peanut Loaf
Samantha Seneviratne for Food 52
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, plus more for the pan
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cups roasted, salted peanuts
6 tablespoons La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, honey, and heavy cream over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the peanuts and cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 4 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sour cream, whole milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Dollop the peanut topping evenly over the top. Set the pan on a lined, rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cover the top with foil if the peanut topping browns too quickly.