One Bowl Banana Bread Loaf
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg
3 1/2 tbsp La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk of choice
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup almond meal
11/2 cup rolled oats.
*Optional: a tbsp or two honey (depending on ripeness of bananas) and 1/2 cup of walnuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, spray cooking spray inside of pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the following: bananas, vanilla, flax egg, La Tourangelle Avocado Oil, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and milk (walnuts too if using). Mix until well-combined.
- Next, add in the following: flour, almond meal and oats. Stir to just combine (don’t over-mix).
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, using the back of your spoon to smooth out mixture once poured. Top with additional oats and nuts if desired.
- Bake loaf approximately 1 hour and 10 min (oven times will vary, so start checking after about 1 hour). Once cooked through, golden and crackly on top, carefully remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once completely cooled, cut and serve.