Organic Sun Coco Oil Roasted Potatoes
Discover a better way to cook roasted potatoes! Once you try these tasty spuds, you will never go back to your old recipe and throw potatoes in the pan with an ordinary oil. Sun Coco Roasted potatoes are rich in flavor thanks to roasted hazelnuts and bright lemon zest.
- 1 lb. small potatoes
- 1/2 cup Organic Sun Coco Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- healthy pinch of salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
1/8 cup La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil
- 1 lemon, segments and zest
- Place the potatoes in cold water with salt, crushed garlic and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, toast the hazelnuts. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a baking sheet toast hazelnuts in a single layer for 10 to 15 minutes. Take care not to over roast as nuts can scorch quickly. To remove skins, wrap warm hazelnuts in a dish towel and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rub vigorously in towel, discard skins.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, strain, let drain and cool. Smash gently between your hands or lightly with a masher.
In a medium saucepan, heat the Organic Sun Coco Oil. Add smashed potatoes, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and keep flipping sides until golden brown.
- Chop up toasted hazelnuts and place in a bowl. Mix with Hazelnut Oil until all of the nuts are coated. Add in the lemon segments and salt.
- Take potatoes out of pan once browned, and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- To plate, place the potatoes on a serving plate and spoon over hazelnuts. Garnish with lemon zest.