Pan Asian Flank Steak and Shitake Mushroom Stir Fry
Chef Preeti Mistry
3 Tablespoons La Tourangelle Sesame Oil
- 1/2 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced
- Asian hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar and sherry vinegar to create marinade. Marinate steak and mushrooms in soy mixture.
Heat wok to high heat and add remaining 2 Tablespoons La Tourangelle Pan Asian Stir Fry Oil. Heat oil until a piece of mushroom immediately sizzles on contact. Add marinated steak and mushroom mixture and stir vigorously for 1 minute until steak is cooked medium rare. Add bell pepper and cook 1 minute longer, then remove from heat and fold in scallions, snap peas and hot sauce to taste. Sprinkle roasted peanuts and La Tourangelle Sesame Oil before serving.