Ricotta Pesto Pea Spread
It only takes a few simple ingredients to create an appetizer that is truly extraordinary. Fresh spring peas blend with creamy ricotta and flavorful Pesto Oil for a spread that is absolutely delicious over crusty baguettes or as a dip for vegetables. Whether as a prelude to Sunday brunch or an accompaniment to cocktail hour, this delightful appetizer is a celebration of springtime in every bite!
- 2 cups fresh peas, shelled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Bellwether Farms Ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. Pesto Oil
- Black pepper, freshly cracked
- Blanch peas until tender and bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Drain peas and transfer to food processor. Add chives, whole milk ricotta, and pesto oil and pulse until mixture reaches a slightly chunky consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Spread on toasted baguette slices or serve as a dip with crudit.