Why buy ready made hummus when this recipe is so easy, much more delicious and has no preservatives!
- 1 15oz. can of Chickpeas aka Garbanzo Beans
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter or Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 lemons)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, sitting in boiling hot water for a few minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Almond Oil plus more for drizzling
- Sweet Paprika
- Place all ingredients, minus the paprika, in a small food processor (a double recipe will fit nicely in a large food processor). Process until smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and taste. If the hummus is too thick you may add a tablespoon of water or a splash of extra lemon juice to thin it out. Serve with a light dusting of sweet smokey paprika and more Roasted Almond Oil on top!