Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, halved and seed removed
- 1 red apple, quartered
- 2 shallots, halved
- 4 sprigs of fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil, plus more for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Coat squash, shallots, apple and garlic with Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil and sea salt.
Place sage sprigs in the bottom of a greased 9x11 baking dish and cover with squash, cut-side down, then fit in the rest of the coated vegetables into the dish. Roast for 40 minutes, cooking until squash is fork tender.
- Remove any onion or apples that seem to be over roasting and set aside. Once done, remove and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in a blender/food processor and begin blending. Slowly add water, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend for 5-6 minutes, or until hot.
Serve with pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil, herbs and spices.