Roasted Beet and Rhubarb Salad
Roasted root vegetables, like golden beets, are perfect for a warm salad when paired with rhubarb and spicy arugula. The tartness of rhubarb complements the natural sweetness of the beets in a colorful spring combination. Chopped walnuts and roasted Walnut Oil give extra crunch and flavor in this exceptional side dish.
- 2 rhubarb, sliced into 2-3inch pieces (leaves removed)
2 Tbsp La Tourangelle Walnut Oil
- One bunch Halved baby beets
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss rhubarb slices with La Tourangelle Walnut Oil and beets.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a covered dish (such as a small dutch oven) at 375 degrees until tender, approximately 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool. Save the roasting juices for plating.
- Divide arugula between two bowls and spoon the roasted beets and rhubarb onto the arugula.
Drizzle with roasting juices and chopped walnuts.