Roasted Persimmon Parfait
Make the most of seasonal fruits with a winning breakfast parfait. Creamy Greek yogurt is topped with roasted Fuyu persimmons and chopped pistachios. When roasted in flavorful Walnut Oil, ripe persimmons become rich and caramelized. Feel free to use them as a topping for oatmeal as well!
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp hot water
- 4 ripe but firm fuyu persimmons
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Walnut Oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the honey in a small bowl with the hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Peel the persimmons, cut them in half lengthwise and then slice them into 1-inch thick wedges. Arrange the slices in a baking dish, drizzle them with the honey mixture, cardamom and Roasted Walnut Oil.
- Roast the persimmons for 45 minutes spooning the pan juices over the top occasionally, and flipping at 20 minutes
Remove when tender and easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and yogurt in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide yogurt onto four plates, top with a quarter of the persimmons, drizzle with any syrup and sprinkle the pistachios on top.