Roasted Walnut Oil Banana Bread (Video)
Chef Anne Goffin
Chef Anne Goffin shares her coveted Banana Bread Recipe.
- 3 Medium, Very Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Ground Flaxseed (aka Flaxseed Meal)
- 1 3/4 cups White Whole Wheat Flour -or- equal parts All Purpose and Whole Wheat flour -or- just All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven at 350°. Grease a 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" bread pan, set aside.
Mash the 3 bananas in a small bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil and maple syrup and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture and mashed bananas alternately to dry ingredients, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Pour into prepared pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter in loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.