Roasted Walnut Oil Gorgonzola Crostini with Crumble Fried Sage
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, room temperature
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 20 fresh sage leaves, washed and patted dry
- La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic
Combine gorgonzola, cream, walnuts and parmesan in a medium sized bowl. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until a creamy spread forms.
Heat olive oil into a pan over medium high heat. Fry sage leaves on each side about two to three minutes. Dry them on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt. Once cooled, crumble fried sage leaves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place ciabatta slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with roasted walnut oil. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes.
Rub each slice of crostini with garlic cut in half. Spread a layer of gorgonzola walnut mixture on to each crostini. Sprinkle the top of each crostini with fried sage leaves and serve.