Sesame Rice Noodle Bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces flat pad thai rice noodles
3 tablespoons La Tourangelle Grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 dyno kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp La Tourangelle toasted sesame oil
- 1 red serrano pepper, cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Juice of a 1/2 lime
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt. When boiling, add noodles and cook according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain and rinse THOROUGHLY with cold water (otherwise the noodles will stick to each other).
- Heat a large skillet to medium high. Add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, and when hot, add kale and red peppers. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and have begun breaking down. Then add carrot and cook for a minute. Move vegetables to the side of the pan and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil. When hot, add garlic and ginger, cooking 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add noodles. Use a tongs to combine with vegetables. Then add hoisin sauce, tamari, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Toss and combine again, with tongs, to ensure everything is fully coated.
- Divide into bowls and top each with serranos, cilantro, fresh mint, green onions, squeeze of lime, and sesame seeds.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. Best reheated on stovetop with a few tablespoons of water to re-hydrate the noodles.