Sweet Pear and Toasted Walnut Oatmeal
Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of comforting oatmeal? Making homemade oatmeal is a great choice, because one can control exactly what goes in it and adjust according to their preferences. Fresh fruit is always a healthy and sweetening add-in to oatmeal. Try this easy recipe with diced pears and toasted walnuts… what a combo!
- 1/2 c walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups diced pears
- 3 and 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp
- La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- A splash of milk for a creamier oatmeal
- A few drizzles of maple syrup, honey and/or additional brown sugar as desired for topping
For oatmeal topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment. Place walnuts on sheet and bake until just slightly browned and toasted (3- 5 min). Then, remove from oven and set aside.
- Next, in a small saucepan, combine butter, honey, La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil, brown sugar and salt over low heat.
- Once melted/combined, add pears to saucepan, stirring to coat. Sauté /cook pears for a couple min until lightly browned and softened. You can also add a bit of cinnamon to the mix, if desired.
- Once cooked, transfer to a separate dish and cover to keep warm.
- Then, in the same saucepan used above, bring water and salt to a boil. One boiling, stir in oats.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add in an additional 1 tbsp La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil, stirring well to combine.
- Remove pan from the heat. For creamier oatmeal, add a bit of milk and re-stir.
- Top oatmeal with sautéed pears, toasted walnuts and a few drizzles of maple syrup, honey and/or additional brown sugar as desired.