Sweet Potato Coconut Peanut Butter Soup
- 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Extra Virgin or Virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups peeled & cubed uncooked sweet potato (approx. 1 potato)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Add sweet potato, cayenne, salt, black pepper, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat into medium-low heat
Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree the soup in the saucepan using an immersion blender or a regular blender in 2 batches.
- Return the soup to the saucepan. Stir in coconut peanut butter and honey, continue stirring until peanut butter and honey melts. Serve hot.