Vegan Chocolate Coconut Pecan Ice Cream
While not technically considered an "ice cream" recipe, this dairy-free combination of coconut milk, dark chocolate and roasted Pecan Oil tastes like a decadent frozen candy bar. A blender is all that is needed to whip up the base for this quick and satisfying treat.
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 oz (1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca or corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Pecan Oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to container, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Freeze your ice cream machine bowl according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pour the mixture into the bowl and churn. Continue to churn the ice cream until it has reached the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- Place the container that you'll use to store the ice cream into the freezer. Enjoy your ice cream right away, or for a firmer ice cream, transfer to the chilled container and freeze for at least 4 hours.