Chocolate Pecan Pots de Creme
- 9 ounces high-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Roasted Pecan Oil
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar (add an extra tablespoon if using bitter chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Place the chocolate and La Tourangelle Pecan Oil in a blender.
- Whisk the milk, 1 cup cream, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spatula and almost boiling, 5 to 6 minutes.
Immediately pour the milk mixture over the chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among ramekins or small cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh berries and sea salt before serving. Enjoy!