Roasted Vegetable Salad with Fresh Goats Cheese, and Roast Shallot, Roasted Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
- 4 small shallots
3/4 cup + 6 tbsp La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 yellow bell pepper
2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh goat's cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 handfuls of mixed baby greens
Preheat oven to 325f. Put shallots in a small baking dish with 2 tablespoons of La Tourangelle Walnut Oil and some salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise into quarters, yellow bell pepper into wide strips and roma tomatoes in half lengthwise. Toss vegetables with 4 tablespoons of walnut oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender (20-30 minutes). You may need to remove the bell peppers earlier as they tend to cook faster.
- Once shallots are roasted and have cooled to room temperature puree them in a blender with the Dijon mustard and vinegars. Slowly add the walnut oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When roasted vegetables have cooled lay them out on the plate to create a nest for the greens and drizzle some of the vinaigrette over them. In a bowl crumble the goats cheese and mix with the baby greens and vinaigrette. Pile the salad high in the circle of roasted vegetables and serve.