These purple sweet potato brownies are gooey and yummy while still being rich in antioxidants, vegan, and gluten free. La Tourangelle Sun Coco Oil, a unique blend of organic sunflower oil and organic coconut oil, is the perfect oil for baking since there’s no need to melt butter or coconut oil - it pours straight from the can! One less step while baking is a win. The tahini and Sun Coco Oil are what make this brownie super dense and moist, just the way the perfect brownie should be.
- 1 cup purple sweet potato purée
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup La Tourangelle Sun Coco Oil
- ½ cup pure cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup Gluten Free flour
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and place your sweet potatoes on there whole with skin on. Bake for 30-45 minutes until they are soft to touch and the skin begins to peel away easily. Remove from the oven, and carefully peel away skin and add the soft inner potato to a food processor, discard the skin. Whiz on high to create your purple puree.
- Next, set the oven to 350 F and prep your baking tin, I used a 8” by 8” tin and greased it with La Tourangelle Sun Coco Oil, add parchment paper on top and grease it well. This will help you move your brownie from the tray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients first, purple sweet potato purée, maple syrup, tahini, vanilla extract, and La Tourangelle Sun Coco Oil. Using a large whisk, stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients - pure cacao powder, sea salt, baking powder, and nut flour - mix well to combine. Then pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing bowl. Mix well until a thick, smooth consistency forms.
- Pour your mix into your baking dish and use your spatula spread out evenly all the way to the sides. Lastly, add your chopped nuts, I used pecans and dark chocolate chips on top, with an extra sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Pop into the oven on the middle rack, at 350 degrees for around 30-40 mins. Use a fork to check if it is cooked. If it is still gooey, it may take another 10 mins until crispy on the outside and cooked in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- To serve, use the parchment paper to gently lift out of the baking tray. Then, slice and enjoy!
- For storage, keep the brownies at room temperature rather than putting them in the fridge. They will last around 3 days at room temp, or up to 7 days in the fridge! Bon Appetit!