Sunflower Oil - Curry Paste
A delicious recipe for fresh curry paste that bring an amazing flavor to your homemade curries.
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 or 2 dried chillies, depending on personal preference
- 1 tsp salt
Thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- La Tourangelle Organic Sunflower Oil to cover the paste for storing
- Put the seeds and peppercorns into a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for about three minutes, stirring often, until the mustard seeds start to pop and the seeds turn golden and aromatic. Tip into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, paprika and dried chillies to a pestle and mortar. Add the cooled toasted spices and grind everything together into a fine powder. Add the salt.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, tomato purée and white wine vinegar and mix well to make a paste.
- Use immediately, or spoon the paste into a jar, cover with a layer of oil, seal with a lid and store in the fridge for up to a week.