Sweet Potato Satay Salad
- 1 red onion or shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) light tahini
- 1 tbsp raw sugar/coconut sugar/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 medium sweet potato (or 1 1/2 small ones), peeled
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1 large carrot , peeled into ribbons
- 1 radicchio, finely shredded (or you can use 1/4 head of red cabbage)
- handful of sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 a large bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (stems & leaves)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (toast them in a dry frying pan over a high heat)
- Place the sliced onion and garlic into a bowl with the lime juice. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add in the rest of the dressing ingredients and stir well to combine. Set aside while you prep the salad.
- Take the peeled sweet potato and slice it into 'planks' about 2mm thick. Stack a few planks up and cut them into matchsticks. Repeat with the rest of the planks until you have gathered a ton of matchsticks ( a spiralizer will work just as well).
- Place the sweet potato matchsticks, zucchini ribbons, carrot ribbons, shredded radicchio, sliced spring peas, spring onion & most of the cilantro into a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss the salad together with your hands, slightly massaging it into everything.
- Top the salad with the rest of the cilantro and the toasted sesame seeds.