Thai Carrot Ginger Soup
6 - 8
Chef Preeti Mistry and La Tourangelle
A tasty Thai flavors inspired Carrot Ginger Soup featuring out Thai Wok oil.
- 4 Tablespoons La Tourangelle Thai Wok Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 thumbs ginger, sliced
- 8-10 large carrots, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable stock
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of La Tourangelle Thai Wok Oil.
- Sauté onions and ginger until onions soften and become translucent.
- Add carrots and vegetable stock and increase heat to high until stock boils.
- Cover the pot and simmer it at low heat until carrots are fork tender. Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in blender or with hand blender.
- Pass through fine mesh sieve for smooth texture. Season with salt to taste.
- Fold in last 2 Tablespoons of La Tourangelle Thai Wok Oil or drizzle on top of individual bowls.