Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
- Sliced turkey
- Cranberry sauce
- Mashed potatoes
- Toasted slices of crusty bread
- 1 handful of greens
- 2 pasture-raised egg yolks
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup Herbs de Provence Infused Oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon or chives, optional
For the aioli:
- Drop the egg yolks into a deep-sided small bowl. Finely grate the garlic on a microplane and add the mustard and salt, and stir well with a fork to combine.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender, in a bare stream, drizzle the Herbs de Provence Infused Oil as you blend the mixture together. Blend continuously, stopping at intervals to ensure the oil is fully emulsified. The mixture should look thick, custardy, and uniform.
- When the aioli is emulsified and tastes to your liking (adjust seasoning as needed) add the chopped fresh herbs if you are using them and blend once more to incorporate. Chill aioli in the fridge wrapped tightly in cellophane, as you assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread cranberry sauce as a base layer on the bottom slice. Stack turkey slices and spoon with gravy, as you like. Slather aioli on the top slice and pile a handful of greens onto it. Stack top half of sandwich onto bottom half and skewer to secure.
- Repeat with as many sandwiches as you plan on serving, and eat immediately.