Roasted Pistachio Oil Sugar Cookies (Video)
Try using Roasted Pistachio Oil from La Tourangelle to make wonderful sugar cookies.
- 2 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature (one stick)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Pistachio OIl
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sift the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put the softened butter, oil, 1 cup confectioners sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix with a paddle on medium or high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly on a low speed and mix until just combined.
- Pour dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Press out flat and fold into a nice square envelope. Press out flat again and put to rest in the refrigerator for about an hour or until chilled through.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pull the chilled dough out of the refrigerator. Take 1/4 of the dough and sprinkle with granulated sugar and roll out to 1/2 or 1/4 inch thick. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Place on a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and chill for for about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve!
- Try making these cookies with the Roasted Walnut, Pecan or Hazelnut Oils, also from La Tourangelle.