Crab Stuffed Avocado
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups Mache (or other delicate baby lettuce greens)
- 1/4 lb. fresh, cooked crab meat
- 1 small shallot
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tbsp La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the shallot and mix with lemon juice and Dijon. Whisk in the avocado oil. Set aside.
- Crumble the crab meat with your fingers into a small mixing bowl making sure to pick out any stray pieces of shell. Pour 3/4 of the vinaigrette over the crab. Add the herbs, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the seed and scoop the flesh out in one piece with a large spoon. Toss the Mache with the remaining vinaigrette and make a nest in the center of each plate. Nestle the avocado face side up in the center of the Mache and stuff the seed cavity with the crab.