This Hazelnut Mocha Pie is rich, silky smooth and super decadent thanks to La Tourangelle Roasted Hazelnut Oil. The caffeine won’t keep you up all night, but thinking about how delicious this pie is might!
Hazelnut Mocha Pie
1 fully baked pie crust
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 5 oz. chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, heavy cream, and coffee. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-low heat. Add the sugar and cornstarch to the skillet and mix. Add the egg yolk mixture. Whisk over heat for 5-10 minutes, until thickened to a pudding-like texture.
- Turn off the heat. Add the chocolate, butter, and La Tourangelle Hazelnut oil and stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 6-24 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and chopped hazelnuts, and enjoy!