Lemon Infused Garlic Shrimp
4 lemons, divided (scrubbed clean and dried)
1/2 cup La Tourangelle Garlic Oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 and 1/2 tsp sweet paprika, divided
1 tsp red pepper flakes (crushed)
1 and 1/2 pounds of shell-on de-veined shrimp
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Lemon infused garlic oil:
- Take one lemon and using a paring knife, cut the zest away from the pith in long strips.
- Place strips in a small saucepan with 1/2 cup of La Tourangelle Garlic Oil.
- Warm oil over medium heat, watching closely. You do not want the oil to simmer, bubble, etc. You just want it warmed up.
- Continue to keep the oil warmed for approx. 10 min., again being sure that it does not get too hot.
- After 10 min. remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool completely, leaving lemon zest strips inside until cooled.
- Once room temp, use tongs to remove strips from the oil and discard.
- Transfer oil to a small container and set aside.
- Drizzle approximately 1/3 cup of your lemon infused garlic oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic to the pan and cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Sprinkle only 1 tsp of paprika into the pan along with the red pepper flakes.
- Carefully add your shrimp and stir to coat, cooking over medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, adding any remaining more oil if/as needed.
- Reduce heat to low, sprinkle a bit of the parsley in the pan, as desired as well as remaining 1/2 tsp of paprika. Stir again to coat.
- With remaining lemons- cut in halves or wedges for serving. And with at least 1 half lemon finely zest for garnish, as desired.
← Older Post
Newer Post →