Pistachio Lemon Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp La Tourangelle Roasted Pistachio Oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- 4-5 cups softened vanilla ice cream
- Place the flour in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to kill any bacteria.
- In the bowl of a standmixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until combined, 1 minute. Add the flour, salt, lemon zest, and chopped pistachios to the bowl. Mix until crumbly. Add the pistachio oil and continue to mix until a thick cookie dough forms, 1-2 minutes.
- Line a 8x8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and press in half of the cookie dough to form a single layer of cookie dough. Lift the parchment paper and dough out of the pan and set on a baking pan. Repeat with remaining cookie dough to make a second layer of cookie dough. Freeze the two layers of cookie dough until solid, 1 hour.
- Place one layer of frozen cookie dough with the parchment paper still attached into the 8x8-inch cake pan. Add the softened ice cream and smooth the ice cream into an even layer. Place the second layer of cookie dough on top of the ice cream and gently press down. Freeze the soon to be ice cream sandwiches until solid, 4-6 hours.
Lift the cookie dough and ice cream layers out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper. You can run hot water along the edges of the pan if it's hard to remove. Cut into 8 ice cream sandwich bars and enjoy immediately. Freeze any remaining ice cream sandwiches in a ziplock bag for later.