Apricot Coconut Oil Energy BarsShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Gear up for wherever the morning takes you with these delicious energy bars. Coconut Oil blends apricots, cashews, rolled oats, cranberries and chocolate chips into a powerhouse of flavor. Breakfast on-the-go have never been easier or more delicious.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place cashews in a food processor and process until nuts are evenly chopped, set aside.
- Put dried apricots in the food processor and process for 3-4 minutes to finely chop. Add shredded coconut, rolled oats, honey, Coconut Oil, chocolate chips and salt.
- Process until mixture comes together. Add the chopped cashews and pulse until well combined
- Gently fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips into the apricot-coconut mixture and firmly press into parchment-lined pan. Cover the bars and place in a freezer for one hour.
- Unmold the bars, trim ends and cut into even squares. Bars will last up to one month if stored in an air tight container in the fridge.
NOTE: Feel free to add your own mix-ins during the last step- flax seed, sesame, dried cherries, candied ginger, white chocolate chips, etc.