Apple, Sausage and Walnut Stuffing
2 Tbsp Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lb. sausage with casings removed
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 bunch of sage, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 10 cups rustic bread, cubed
- 2-3 cups chicken stock
- Over medium heat, coat a skillet with Walnut Oil and add the onions and celery.
- Season with salt and cook until the veggies start to become soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until the sausage browns.
- Stir in the apples and apple cider and cook until the apples start to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the sage leaves and the walnuts and turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the diced bread and toss together. Pour in the chicken stock and knead with your hands until the bread is very moist, actually wet.
- Season with salt to taste. Transfer to a large deep ovenproof dish (roughly 9 by 11 inches) and bake until it is hot all the way through and crusty on top.
- Remove sausage walnut stuffing from the oven and serve with a drizzle of Walnut Oil.