Apple Walnut Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 11/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 11/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1 granny smith or tart apple
- 1/8 cup brandy or rum
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a 8" by 2" round cake pan.
- Peel, core and chop apple. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar over the apple pieces and toss together. Add brandy and set aside to soak.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt together and set aside. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, oil and remaining sugar until light. Gently mix in the dry ingredients just until barely combined (there should still be a few streaks of flour). Add the apples and walnuts and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back to a gentle poke
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool. While cake is still warm sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.