Bacon, Onion, and Brussels Sprout Skewers
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts
- 1 pound pearl onions, peeled
2 teaspoons La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Small wooden skewers
- Cut each strip of bacon in half lengthwise. In a frying pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until it's partially cooked but still soft and pliable. (If you overcook the bacon, it will be difficult to weave it onto the skewer.) Remove the bacon from the pan, and set it aside. Remove most of the bacon grease from the pan, leaving just enough to coat it.
- Cut the Brussel sprouts and pearl onions in half lengthwise. Add the sprouts, onions, Avocado Oil, garlic powder, and sea salt to the frying pan. Sauté on medium heat until the vegetables are tender and browned.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Assemble the skewers by threading one end of the bacon onto the end of a skewer. Add a Brussels sprout slice, and weave the bacon around the sprout and back through the skewer, creating a wave pattern. Alternate with sprouts and onions as desired.
- Grill the skewers in a baking pan for 5-10 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.