Chicken and Bacon Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 12 oz riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
4-5 slices of bacon, cut into ВЅ inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 8oz can of water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked slightly
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
/14 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
In a large skillet or saute pan, cook the bacon over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the fat renders and the bacon is crispy. Set aside the cooked bacon and pour excess fat out of the skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons of rendered fat behind.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs to the skillet and cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink), stirring often so it cooks evenly.
- Add the carrot, cauliflower rice, ginger and garlic to the skillet and continue to cook for an additional 3- 5 minutes.
- Make a small well in the center of the skillet and pour the slightly whisked eggs into it. Let them cook for a minute or two and then use a fork to gently fluff them in the well. Continue to cook the eggs until they are cooked through and then scramble them into the cauliflower rice mixture.
- Stir in the peas, water chestnuts, cooked bacon, coconut aminos, and sesame oil and season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and enjoy piping hot!