Citrus Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 cups cashews, unsalted and raw
- 1/2 - 1 cup water, depending on how thick you want the crema
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tbsp La Tourangelle Citrus Chipotle Dressing, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- Small handful pickled onions
- Sprinkle of fresh dill
- 1/3 avocado, thinly sliced
- Handful of arugula
- Chili flakes
- Drizzle of La Tourangelle Citrus Chipotle Dressing
- 1 piece of sourdough bread, toasted
For the crema:
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with fresh water and soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Add the soaked cashews into a food processor or blender with the remaining ingredients for the crema.
Puree until very smooth and creamy. Add more water if you'd like your crema thinner in texture.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- For the fried egg, warm a small sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- Now add the oil and let this warm for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the egg into the pan and cook on medium-high heat. As you cook the egg, move the pan around to redistribute the oil around the edges of the egg - this helps to crisp the sides of the egg white.
- Cook until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolk is set. Set aside while you assemble the sandwich.
- Spread a generous dollop of the crema all over the toast.
- Then layer with the avocado slices, pickled onions, dill, arugula, fried egg and season with sea salt.
- Add an extra drizzle of La Tourangelle Citrus Chipotle Dressing and enjoy!