- 2 heads cauliflower
2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 full scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons La Tourangelle Virgin Coconut Oil
La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil, to taste
- 2 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 4 large eggs
1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Virgin Coconut Oil
Toasted sesame seeds
- La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame oil, to taste
Meat and Sauce
The rice: Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it looks like rice. Add a teaspoon of La Tourangelle coconut oil to boiling water, then add half a cup of rice + the cauliflower. Simmer for 40 minutes or boil for 20 to 25.
The vegetables: Place the bean sprouts, scallions, and rice vinegar in medium bowl. Toss to combine and set aside while you make the rest of the meal. Cook the carrots, zucchini, and spinach separately, following these instructions: Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a large, non-stick skillet. Add 1 clove minced garlic, and as soon as it’s fragrant, add the vegetable. Toss with two wooden spoons, stir-frying until crisp-tender. When the vegetable is cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, add a dash of La Tourangelle sesame oil, and transfer cooked vegetable to a serving dish. Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
The meat: In a small bowl, whisk the ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, applesauce. Re-heat the skillet you used for the vegetables over medium-high and crumble the ground beef into the pan. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink and the mushrooms are wilted. Transfer the meat to an oven-safe dish while you cook the eggs.
The eggs: In the same pan, heat La Tourangelle Coconut oil for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the eggs one. Cook until the whites are opaque and slightly crisp around the edges, and the yolks are just beginning to set, about 4 minutes.
- Place a mound of cauliflower rice in the bottom of a large bowl. Arrange the meat and vegetables in individual piles on top of the rice, and then top with a fried egg. Drizzle with a little La Tourangelle sesame oil, and sprinkle with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.