White Truffle Cacio e Pepe Pasta
- 1 ¼ cup finely grated pecorino Romano, plus more for topping
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tbsp freshly grated black pepper, plus more for topping
- 3 tsp La Tourangelle White Truffle Oil
- Cold water
- ½ lb. tonnarelli or other long pasta such as spaghetti or linguine
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a generous amount of salt and cook your noodles to al dente according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, freshly grate the pecorino Romano, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and black pepper into in a large bowl and mix to combine. Mash with just enough cold water to make a thick paste, then spread evenly in the bowl.
Once pasta is done cooking, reserve a cup of cooking water. Use tongs to quickly transfer it to the bowl and stir vigorously to coat the pasta, adding a tsp at a time of La Tourangelle White Truffle Oil and a bit of pasta cooking water to thin the sauce as necessary. The sauce should adhere to the pasta and be creamy but not watery.
- Plate and serve with additional pecorino and black pepper. Enjoy!