Grilled Beef Salad with Red Pears, Candied Ginger Walnuts and Cambozola Cheese
- 1 lb of flank steak
- 1 lb mixed greens including red leaf, frisee, and radicchio
- ¼ C of sherry
¾ C of La Tourangelle Olive Oil
- 4 Red Anjou pears
- 4 oz of Cambezola cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 shallot
- 2 tsp of dried ginger
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp of cloves
- 1/8 C of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- Put the oil into a bowl, with mustard, and slowly pour in the vinegar while whisking. Add chopped shallots and mix well. Set aside.
Using the Grapeseed Oil, spread evenly over grill and turn on the heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper and place on oiled hot grill pan. Leave on one side for 4 minutes then turn over and grill the other side for the same amount of time. If the steak is thick, you may have to do it a few minutes longer on each side. The steak should be rare in the middle. After cooking, leave it on the plate to rest.
- Clean and re-oil the grill pan with the Grapeseed oil. Slice the pear in 1/2 inch slices and grill the pieces then set aside.
- In an stainless steel frying pan, melt a small amount of butter, then add walnuts with sugar, ginger, cayenne, and cloves and keep moving the pan to coat walnuts and not burn them. Put on tray to dry.
- Add greens to dressing and toss, then take a large platter and place the greens on it, spread out to cover it. Then next put the grilled pears around the top. Top with crushed candied walnuts.
- Cut the steak on the bias so you have nice long strips and place over the salad.