- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
2/3 cup La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 3 2/3 cup bread flour
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp lukewarm water
- 2 tsp salt
La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
- 1 large mozzarella ball, sliced into ¼ inch medallions
- 1-1 ½ cup sliced tomatoes of choice ( feel free to use heirloom or cherry varieties)
- 1/3 cup Percorino Romano, shredded
For the pesto sauce (makes 1 cup)
For the pizza crust (makes three 12-inch pies)
For the toppings
Make the pesto
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Make the dough
- Combine water and yeast and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Combine salt and flour together; mix thoroughly. Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Using a dough hook attachment on a standing mixer, knead the mixture until a smooth ball forms.
- Divide and shape the dough into 3 equal sized balls. Coat them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let them rest at room temperature for 3-4 hours in a covered container.
Assemble the pizza
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Place one of the risen dough balls on a well-floured surface, and with a rolling pin or your fingers, roughly shape it into a 12” circle.
- Spread 1/3 cup pesto sauce on the shaped dough, leaving ¼-1/2inch border for the crust to form.
Top with slices of tomato and mozzarella; sprinkle on shredded Pecorino.
- Transfer to a pizza stone/baking sheet, and bake for 11-13minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Unleash your inner chef by adding toppings of your choice - red onion, artichokes, pepperoni, sausage crumbles, etc. An additional drizzle of our Infused Oils is the perfect finish!